Still displaying your traditional E-Commerce Website on Mobile devices? If you thought that having a traditional website for mobile users doesn’t affect the performance of your e-commerce portal, think again!
Here are the Stats on Mobile E-Commerce Website!
- Mobile internet usage is projected to overtake desktop internet usage by 2014. (Source: Microsoft Tag)
- 74% of consumers will wait 5 seconds for a web page to load on their mobile device before abandoning the site. (Source: Gomez)
- 71% of mobile browsers expect web pages to load almost as quickly or faster as web pages on their desktop computers.
- 7.96% of all web traffic in the U.S. is mobile traffic. That number skyrockets to 14.85% in Africa, and 17.84% in Asia — up 192.5% since 2010.
- 24% of US tablet owners use their tablets to shop 2-3 times per month; 20% use them to shop more than once per week; and 12% use them to shop every day! (Source: eMarketer)
Time to wake up! Here are 7 reasons why you NEED to optimize your e-C0mmerce website for mobile.
Better Mobile Experience
Due to fixed layout design used on traditional e-commerce website, the experience of mobile-user is affected and this will result in low product engagement, high shopping cart dropouts, increased bounce rate and so on.
In your traditional desktop websites, the Top & Navigation bar is fixed & it has multiple levels of navigation. Such functionality is not optimized for mobile browsers so users may find it difficult to navigate through the site and products.
Easy to Search the Products
While shopping through a mobile device, users want to find the desired products with lower effort, so they prefer using the search functionality to reach the desired products. Most of the desktop sites have tiny search boxes which are not prominent & can be easily ignored on mobile device, which may put off users.
Placement of Promotional Content
Promotional popup & sticky banners are an important part of any e-commerce website, these promotional banners usually overlap the main content, making it difficult to browse the site on mobile devices.
Speed up Shopping
Since there’s no separate mobile site & no control over device specific content, your e-Commerce website will load 100% content on mobile devices making it slow & make users wait for longer time. Remember beyond 5 seconds, 74% of the users will abandon your e-Commerce website.
Mobile Internet is Expensive
Mobile Internet users in India have access to limited mobile-internet bandwidth & it’s expensive, so loading a desktop website on a mobile device will consume more bandwidth. Due to this, users may avoid visiting the site or abandon your e-Commerce site since it’s heavy on their pockets!
Search Engine Friendly
Google will give your e-Commerce website less priority on Mobile SERP as your website content & design is not optimized for mobile devices. Here’s guide on Building Mobile-Optimized Websites from Google.
In the next article we’ll cover most essential features for becoming a Top E-Commerce Website Optimized for Mobile. So, are you ready for Mobile optimized E-Commerce Website?