We conducted a SEO Roundup with SEO Leaders across the globe on “Best SEO Strategies” on the topic “Advice to Marketers for Improving Website’s Google Ranking in 2019 – 2020”.
We reached out to SEO Thought Leaders of top ranked organisations who are prominent in their businesses and received few exclusive advice for marketers and digital agencies. The response we received has been quite insightful and fascinating.
We are delighted to share with our privileged Digitalmonster.org readers the top tips and actionable techniques given by the veterans of the world of SEO like Larry KIM, Bruce Clay and many others.
Some of the revealing facts are: How to achieve top keyword position on Google? What does Google expect from a website? How to improve website quality score? What is the right content strategy? How to get right people to do the right job? How to hire a SEO agency? Tips for sustaining in this dynamic Digital Search mode? and many more..
Here are the responses from the experts.
Larry’s 3 Best Ways to Improve Google Rankings:
- Increasing time on page and reducing your bounce rate and improving mobile speed will increase your site’s quality score.
- Getting more branded queries will tell Google that your company is an authority in your space.
- Getting higher than expected Click-Through-Rates on organic click-through rates.
- I believe that in 2019 the above 3 activities will greatly increase your Google rankings and is even more valuable than traditional SEO activities like link building and on-page SEO.
Bruce’s 5 Best Ways to Improve Google Rankings:
- Hire a professional at an expert level. That is not hiring “just an SEO” – you need to hire a seasoned team led by a person with over 10 years of SEO experience.
- Be prepared to make changes to your website. Many times the web team is too busy to pay attention to “enhancements”. Make sure there is a commitment to implementing SEO changes.
- Have a suitable budget, then double it. You are competing, and so you need to run faster than the competition. Hire smart and compete like your life depends upon it. That takes resources, tools, education, staff and more. Never hire the cheapest brain surgeon.
- Know your competition. Sometimes you can merge with them. Sometimes they will link to you. Sometimes you can partner for mutual benefit. But keep your enemies close and watch and outmaneuver their moves. Simply put, become least imperfect.
- Buy Google. I have not tried this, but if you own Google you may be able to rank better for a few keywords… who knows?
Ashley’s Ways to Improve Google Rankings:
- Coming from a content perspective, creating content that answers what people are searching for or provides them with entertainment based on what they’re looking for on Google is the best way to help improve your rankings. Tons and tons of websites will rank thanks to a certain blog post that provided a solution to a commonly searched for the query. If the content we produce focuses on doing just that, either entertaining or informing based on relevant queries, we have a chance to improve our rankings drastically.
Carolyn’s Ways to Improve Google Rankings:
- Create quality content–whatever the best form of content is for your site and brand–that answers users’ questions and helps them do what they’re looking to accomplish. Expand your definition of content. It can be anything from the typical blog to user reviews and social media posts. If Google is focusing on entities (source: Cindy Krum), then make sure you’re focused on the content on ALL your digital properties. Create a web of presence for your brand online–and ensure that you’re focusing it all on the user’s needs.
David’s Ways to Improve Google Rankings:
- “The best way to improve rankings in Google is to focus on the user. Think about the intent of the keyword that the user is searching, make sure that the content experience that you are providing is giving them the best possible answer/solution to their inquiry. If your website has great content (optimized for the user with expert-level knowledge) and a great experience (page speed, UI/UX) all the other vanity metrics and indirect ranking signals will help improve your ranking. If your content is truly great you will naturally build the off-site trust signals with shares, peer reviews and links.”
Niki’s Ways to Improve Google Rankings:
- In my opinion, a strong technical foundation is key to improve organic ranking in Google. Is the site secure, how fast does it load? Is there a good mobile experience? Are there too many redirects, not enough internal links? If Google can’t crawl or access or content quickly and efficiently, then it doesn’t matter how good that content is.
William’s Ways to Improve Google Rankings:
- “Figure out how to increase your real estate on the first page. Ranking on the first page is fine, but what about featured snippets? Rich snippets? Social streams? Media carousels? Map packs? As Google focuses more on “no click” searches (keeping people on Google instead of clicking into websites), it’s important for us to increase our exposure as much as possible when we rank. Also, technology is allowing us to gain more data than ever before, it’s extremely important for us to accurately and efficiently analyze giant data sets to gain unique insights. If you have the resources, work with other departments like development, engineering, data science, etc. to create internal products to speed up the data gathering and analysis process as well.”
AL Sefati’s Ways to Improve Google Rankings:
- With voice search growing, and machine learning playing a bigger role in Google’s algorithm, it is more important than ever for SEO experts of 2019 must be data oriented. They need to utilize all available tools at hand to gather data and make strategic decisions based on those data. It is OK to read other reputable blog posts and learn from them, but your SEO strategy decisions must be your own and based on data you have gathered and analyzed.
Dani’s Ways to Improve Google Rankings:
- Site content is key! To rank online you need to understand the journey the consumer takes to get there. Research around keywords, topics, and competitors needs to be completed to know ideal journey your target market takes. Each page needs to have a solitary topic around the searched keyword to answer the user’s query. Ultimately, Google wants its clients (searchers) to get to a destination that answers their question without having to back out or search around the site for the answer. We can achieve that through optimized content within an SEO strategy.
Victoria’s 3 Best Ways to Improve Google Rankings:
- Content and Backlinks:
Content is still king in 2019. Every single piece of content we produce for the Consensys website is usually a thousand words or more, and this has led us to dominate rankings within the enterprise blockchain vertical. We are lucky enough to have organic PR coverage and links for most the articles we publish on our blog, but that being said beware of the news websites that just copy and paste every single piece of content triggered by the RSS feed. Good backlinks are still key to top rankings, disavow the low-quality links. Poor quality non-diversified links are one of the reasons why the Daily Mail and CCN have been harshly penalized on the latest Google Algorithm Update.
- Google wants your answers with the right format:
Featured snippets have been around for more than 2 years but more and more I have noticed how cheeky snippets “steal” our organic traffic even though we are ranking higher than those search results. We can’t fight it, we can only adapt our content to Google’s desires and answer the search intent in the predetermined ways: paragraph, lists and bullet points.
- Double Check the Technical Factors:
Chirag’s Ways to Improve Google Rankings:
- Title and description with keywords still rule
- Unique, engaging content with proper H tags and punchlines and subheadline
- Page loading time
- Convincing responsive design
- Blogs on relevant topics and relevant backlinks
Use latest FREE tool Neil Patel’s Uber suggest to get links, ranking, etc.
We believe this remarkable real-life experiences and best SEO Tips from the expert’s actionable techniques can help you improve your website’s Google ranking and positioning.
Do you have any other SEO strategy, tips, or recommendations to boost the website’s Google ranking?
We would love to hear it from you.
Let us know in the comments!